The Indianapolis Faculty Council supports the academic vision and mission of the college through the encouragement and promotion of communication, cooperation, and a culture of shared governance in order to achieve outcomes that support the strategic plan and academic endeavors of the college.
The purpose of this organization is:
- Serve as an advisor to the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- Encourage and promote professional development of faculty.
- Encourage and promote faculty participation in community activities.
- Promote faculty input in planning and implementing college programs, initiatives, services, policies, and facilities.
- Advocate for faculty viewpoints on all issues in which faculty are stakeholders.
- Promote communication between faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, administration, and community.
Membership is open to all full-time and adjunct faculty whose primary required role within the college is teaching.