Indianapolis Faculty Council
The Indianapolis Faculty Advisory Council supports the academic vision and mission of the college through the encouragement and promotion of communication, cooperation, and a culture of shared governance in order to achieve outcomes that support the strategic plan and academic endeavors of the college.
as an advisor to the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- An elected member of the IFC will attend the monthly VCAA meetings to provide the faculty perspective.
- Promote faculty input in planning and implementing college programs, initiatives, services, policies, and facilities.
- Advocate for faculty viewpoints on all issues in which faculty are stakeholders.
- Promote communication between faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, administration, and community.
2019 Elected Members:
|Vice Chair||Janet Dalzellemail@example.com|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Diane Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Merrill Yanceyemail@example.com|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Linda Morsefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Liz Gimenezemail@example.com|
|Rep for School of Adv. Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Tech.||J. Bradon Barnesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rep for School of Arts, Science & Education||Dorcas Parsonemail@example.com|
|Rep for School of Business, Logistics & Supply Chain||Nicol Bradberryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rep for School of Health Sciences||Marcus Stoweemail@example.com|
|Rep for School of Information Technology||Patrick Bennerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rep for School of Nursing||Randall Sharkeyemail@example.com|
|Rep for School of Public Affairs & Social Services||Lara O’Dellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Current Items of Discussion:
- Improved Communication between all faculty and the Indianapolis Faculty Council (email@example.com & https://indyfacultycouncil.ivytech.edu/)
- Standing Subcommittee on Faculty Reclassification Process
- Standing Subcommittee on Faculty Onboarding Process Improvement
Known Faculty Concerns:
- Faculty Morale 4. Faculty Working Relationships (“working in silos”)
- Faculty Loading Rates (Fall/Spring vs. Summer) 5. Ivy Online Scheduling & Adjunct Flat Pay Rate
- Faculty Performance Evaluations (360 Evaluations) 6. Faculty Professional Development Opportunities