Indianapolis Faculty Council Meeting
March 26, 2021
|Position||Name||YES / NO|
|Vice Chair||Janet Dalzell||y|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Diane Smith||y|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Merrill Yancey||y|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Linda Nicole Morse||y|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Liz Gimenez||y|
|Rep for School of Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Technology||J. Bradon Barnes||y|
|Rep for School of Arts, Science & Education||Dorcas Parson||y|
|Rep for School of Business, Logistics & Supply Chain||Nicol Bradberry||N|
|Rep for School of Health Sciences||Marcus Stowe||y|
|Rep for School of Information Technology||Patrick Benner||y|
|Rep for School of Nursing||Randall Scott Sharkey||y|
|Rep for School of Public Affairs & Social Services||Lara O’Dell||y|
Guests: Dr. Rod Brown and Chris Sleppy
- Faculty Check-In (all council members) (~5 minutes)
- ~2-2:30 pm Guest – Dr. Rod Brown = Rest Survey Results Roadshows & discussions:
- Dr. Brown Expectations for next week’s presentation on rest- 20 mins to discuss the survey, begin conversation/dialogue. Look at individual data by school for themes is a future possibility.
- Look at drivers- make clear connections from Emplify data to the survey we created and connect to the recommendations and action items the council is suggesting. How does the driver relate to our survey and to our recommendations?
- May be able to get an Emplify person to work with our council on building out a follow up survey with us on another driver.
- Results themes: 1Communication Efficiency and 2Email Efficiency.
- Possible Suggestions:
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to draft “Email Best Practices for Employees”.
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to develop Microsoft “Outlook Calendar Invites” for campus-wide deadlines and important dates.
- Establish a standardized “Out of Office Response” for each School for faculty to utilize when they are on break.
- Possible Suggestions:
- Our recommendation list should include how we are addressing the issues that were brought up in our survey results.
- Need to break down what is a campus level control issue and update constituents on statewide level concerns (ex. Final grade due dates and 36 hr email policy) in future all faculty meetings
- Further discussion / action items on “Change Fatigue”. (Braden)
- Follow-up with Lara = 1. Student name changes 2. NWs submission dates (Lara) (~10 minutes)
- No major updates here yet
- Pat Benner discussion topics = 1. Low enrollment 2. Independent Study (Pat) (~15 minutes)
- There is a task force that is looking at low enrollment component too
- New standard is independent study still meets for full contact hours.
- Update from Statewide Faculty Council (Erica et al) (~5 minutes)
- Ivy Online- revamp standardized template, faculty can still customize. Roll out for 2022.
- Banded tuition- once a student enrolls in at least 12 credit hours, student can take as many courses they like at the same costs within the semester up to 18 credits. Rolling out fall 2021.
- Inclusive tuition- every class has a textbook available on day one and is included as part of their tuition, so no additional fees for books or buying books outside of class. Only include E Text books and access codes for online content if part of a course. Rolling out Fall 2021.
- Spring Indy Faculty Council Elections [non-officers] (Erica) (~5 minutes)
- Opinion shared- full time staff member who serve as an adjuncts would not qualify for a spot on the faculty council. Erica will check with Dr. Brown, may need to include this in the bylaws
- Update on IvyPalooza w Staff Council (Erica et al) (~5 minutes)
- April 28th lunch and happy hour options.
- Linda, Diane, Erica, Marcus spearheading!
- SWAG coming
- Faculty appreciation gift ordered!