June 25, 2021
|Position||Name||YES / NO|
|Vice Chair||Janet Dalzell||y|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Diane Smith||y|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Brianna Pike||y|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Linda Morse||n|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Roman Graff||y|
|Rep for School of Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Technology||J. Bradon Barnes||y|
|Rep for School of Arts, Science & Education||Michael Sparks||y|
|Rep for School of Business, Logistics & Supply Chain||Barbara Burton||y|
|Rep for School of Health Sciences||Marcus Stowe||y|
|Rep for School of Information Technology||Patrick Benner||y|
|Rep for School of Nursing||Michelle Shaffer||y|
|Rep for School of Public Affairs & Social Services||Megan Oed||y|
Ginette Ninon-Kone- Diversity Council representative present
- 2:00 pm GUESTS Dr. Lee & Dr. Esters = Farewell to Dr. Lee & Welcome to Dr. Esters (all council members & Dr. Lee & Dr. Esters) (~10 minutes)
- Council spent some time introducing ourselves to Dr. Esters and saying Farwell to Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee reminded folks to come to the retirement party.
- Overview of Indy Faculty Council structure / goals (Erica et al) (~10 minutes)
- Erica reviewed goals, mission and vision of council. Introductions made to all new members of the council.
- Member Introductions (Erica et al) (~10 minutes)
- GUESTS Anthony Sams & Kevin Smith = Statewide Faculty Council overview with Chair & Vice Chair (Anthony & Kevin & Erica) (~15 minutes)
- Anthony and Kevin introduced themselves and shared about structure of statewide system.
- Discussed process of taking forward recommendations, it is better to work within the campus structure and make a recommendation that to simply share a concern with statewide council. There is not a process on how to move a motion within the statewide council.
- Ivy+ & Banded Tuition Discussion (Braden) (~15 minutes)
- did not address- moved to next meeting
- 3:00 pm GUEST Dr. Brown = Rest Survey Results & VCAA Cabinet discussions (All) (~30 minutes)
- See attached PowerPoint from Dr. Brown
- What issues from our rest survey are cultural campus changes versus personal responsibility
- Need to look at what we have responsibility over on campus versus what is specific to systems office.
- Results themes: 1Communication Efficiency and 2Email Efficiency.
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to draft “Email Best Practices for Employees”.
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to develop Microsoft “Outlook Calendar Invites” for campus-wide deadlines and important dates.
- Establish a standardized “Out of Office Response” for each School for faculty to utilize when they are on break.
- Department Chair definition discussion (Braden) (~15 minutes)
- Did not get to, moved to next meeting
If time allows = A discussion on IvyOnline teaching limits & B discussion on early opening of classes on IvyOnline
Did not get to- moved to next meeting.