April 30, 2021
|Position||Name||YES / NO|
|Vice Chair||Janet Dalzell|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Diane Smith|
|Senior Faculty Rep||Merrill Yancey|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Linda Nicole Morse|
|Adjunct Faculty Rep||Liz Gimenez|
|Rep for School of Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Applied Technology||J. Bradon Barnes|
|Rep for School of Arts, Science & Education||Dorcas Parson|
|Rep for School of Business, Logistics & Supply Chain||Nicol Bradberry|
|Rep for School of Health Sciences||Marcus Stowe|
|Rep for School of Information Technology||Patrick Benner|
|Rep for School of Nursing||Randall Scott Sharkey|
|Rep for School of Public Affairs & Social Services||Lara O’Dell|
- Faculty Check-In (all council members) (~10 minutes)
- Welcome new members as available (Erica) (~10 minutes)
- Discuss & schedule for 2021-2022 meetings (Erica) (~10 minutes)
- Update from Statewide Faculty Council (Erica & Linda) (~10 minutes)
- Update on Faculty Reclassification process & ORG (Erica & Janet) (~10 minutes)
- Rest Survey Results Roadshows & VCAA Cabinet discussions & next moves (All) (~40 minutes)
- Results themes: 1Communication Efficiency and 2Email Efficiency.
- Possible Suggestions:
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to draft “Email Best Practices for Employees”.
- Establish a campus-wide taskforce to develop Microsoft “Outlook Calendar Invites” for campus-wide deadlines and important dates.
- Establish a standardized “Out of Office Response” for each School for faculty to utilize when they are on break.
- Further discussion / action items on “Change Fatigue”. (Braden)